Download the Gorgio Moroder Collection

February 26, 2010 by
Filed under music

Spotted over at my former colleague and good friend Bfred’s blog, the definitive Gorgio Moroder collection. The fact that he compiled and uploaded this right now is rather convenient, considering I’m in the middle of reading And Party Every Day, a new book about Casablanca Records, who Moroder recorded and produced artists for.

Says Brendan,

It’s hard to imagine a time when synthesizers didn’t dominate popular music, but in the early 1970s, anything beyond acoustic was a pretty avant-garde act. Producer/singer/songwriter Giorgio Moroder was at the forefront of making electro go pop, through his innovative work in disco, pop, and film scores.

Raised in a German-speaking part of Northern Italy, Giorgio made his career in Germany’s music scene in the late ’60s when krautrock artists had started sprinkling synths into their traditional rock formulas. In 1976, he hit it big with Donna Summer’s “Love To Love You Baby,” a funky, orgasmic club anthem that turned the unknown singer into the definitive artist of the disco era. A year later, Summer, Giorgio and longtime partner Pete Bellotte released “I Feel Love,” a hard-hitting electronic disco record that is often credited as the missing link between acoustic disco and modern house music. Other German electro artists like Kraftwerk might have been more musically radical, but Giorgio brought the synthetic revolution to the dance clubs and pop radio before anyone else. He would go on to compose a string of hugely successful soundtracks, from 1978’s Midnight Express to 1983’s Scarface, phasing out classical-style scores in favor of futuristic sounds that would dominate the ’80s. I collected over 25 of my favorite Giorgio songs for the latest Uggh…Nice Watch compilation…
THE GIORGIO MORODER COLLECTION:
1. Giorgio “Tears” (1972)
2. Donna Summer “Working The Midnight Shift” (1977)
3. Giorgio Moroder “Chase” (1978)
4. Janet Jackson “If It Takes All Night” (1984)
5. Giorgio Moroder “Tony’s Theme” (1983)
6. Blondie “Call Me” (1980)
7. Donna Summer “I Feel Love” (1977)
8. Giorgio Moroder “E=MC2” (1979)
9. Freddie Mercury “Love Kills” (1984)
10. Munich Machine “It’s For You” (1978)
11. Donna Summer “On The Radio” (1979)
12. Giorgio Moroder “Theme From Midnight Express” (1978)
13. Roberta Kelly “Trouble Maker” (1976)
14. Donna Summer “Hot Stuff” (1979)
15. Giorgio Moroder “Evolution” (1978)
16. Donna Summer “Dim All The Lights” (1979)
17. Berlin “Take My Breath Away” (1986)
18. Donna Summer “Love’s Unkind” (1977)
19. Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder “Together in Electric Dreams” (1985)
20. Limahl “The NeverEnding Story” (1984)
21. Giorgio Moroder “From Here To Eternity” (1977)
22. Paul Engemann “Scarface (Push It to the Limit)” (1983)
23. Donna Summer “Love to Love You Baby” (1975)
24. Irene Cara “Flashdance…What A Feeling” (1983)
25. Pat Benatar “Here’s My Heart (Classical Reprise)” (1984)
26. Giorgio “Son Of My Father” (1972)
DOWNLOAD: [ usershare | mediafire ]

• Brooke Fraser

1 Tweet

Comments

17 Responses to “Download the Gorgio Moroder Collection”
  1. Silva says:

POW. this will be my soundtrack for the week. posted on my tumblr too. props to you discodancer

2. Dust says:

Thanks; this changed my life.

3. Rocky says:

pulhisbed. Get your copy today and help feed The Geekerella and her many, many cats!Both Plans and People Who Should Know Better

4. , post the errors/issues you are having, and I’m sure we can help you figure it out in no time- but we’ll need some details. The most important part of learning, in my opinion, is asking good questions when things go wrong

5. quisiera saber que es bueno para el colesterol malo y cual debe ser la dieta,como bajar de peso, y que hacer para bajar un poco la barriga. le agradezco en todo lo que me púedan ayudar, Dios les bendiga

6. Tài / mình có thêm một số nội dung ở Custom Fields(Add New)..nhưng lúc đăng quảng cáo nó không hiện thị ra hết.. nó chỉ hiện thị có vài mục mặc định như ban đâu..vậy cho hỏi admin mình phải làm thế nào?thank admin!

7. omfg i puked when i visited jiroland’s crap site. That blog(a piece of trash by the way) is alot worse than rockson’s one. Yea so go on bitching about rockson and samseng having butt sex. You should probably join in for a threesome, rockson will write about it on his blog, you can get more publicity for yours.

8. Scurviest Sea Dog for my naughty terrier. Our almost new home computer started making a terrible grinding noise on Sturday evening, so I will not be able to post much until it is fixed. Right now I am at work.

9. I’ve been looking for a post like this for an age

10. How glorious – it’s nice to see a little something light and green at this time of year, when everything is gearing itself towards stodge and fat-laden foods. I will definitely give this a go, except I might change the cheese for a Wensleydale or something sharp because I am not a blue cheese person! I will grab some salad leaves soon and get making this salad

11. Richard Cranium | I stopped reading when I saw “Romney killed my wife” and you accusing the Obama campaign of putting out this ad. Priorities USA Action put out the ad so your intellectual honesty is sorely lacking. The campaign had nothing to do with the ad and is prohibited by law to coordinating with SuperPACs – whether to approve or even request an ad be taken down. Try insight, not incite.

12. Gracias, por todo ese material tan especial que Enigma ha hecho por todos nosotros, creo que estas dos decadas son extraordinarias por su material, por su contenido y por toda esa inspiracion que hace unico a este grupo, especialmente para mi que creci junto a todos los temas que se vinieron desarrollando, GRACIAS ENIGMA.

13. Glæder mig til at høre om jeres ferie Og den myresluger der, er mere end velkommen til at flytte over sundet til min vilde tumlingesøn!

14. http://www./ says:

Excellent desires! I know this is kinda rancid theme keep pro I was wondering which blog plrfaotm are you by pro this site? I’m getting exhausted of WordPress since I’ve had harms with hackers and I’m looking at options pro a further plrfaotm. I would pocket place awe-inspiring but you could top me stylish the direction of a skilled plrfaotm.

15. http://www./ says:

Thanks for that! It’s just the answer I needed.

16. http://www./ says:

You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really one thing which I feel I might never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very broad for me. I’m having a look ahead on your next post, I will try to get the grasp of it!