Alchemist Clears the Air On The 350k Lil Wayne Beat

July 2, 2009 by
Filed under Raw Footage

A few weeks ago, XXLmag.com reported that Alchemist was paid 350k for producing “You Ain’t Got Nuthin” Lil Wayne’s Carter 3. When I caught up with Alchemist last week, he admitted that he was joking in that interview.

Al says:

I can’t front, I was lying. Because the truth is, they really paid me 1.5 mill. 750 was the first half…. I was joking. I guess 350 was believable. No, I don’t get paid 350 grand for a beat.

The Lil Wayne/Travis McCoy collabo for Chemical Warfare that ended up on the cutting room floor leaked earlier today. Listen here. I think this joint should have made the album.

And here’s Al talking about the new electric, up-tempo sound of urban music.

Al says:

“It’s quite electric. It’s like you gotta plug in. CDs come with a plug now. I just wired a special switch now to all my equipment. It’s a swag switch. When you hit that shit, boy, a disco ball comes out… you start doing John Travolta moves.

• Brooke Fraser

5 Tweets 19 Other Comments

Comments

26 Responses to “Alchemist Clears the Air On The 350k Lil Wayne Beat”
  1. lasers

2. GorillaJoe says:

Since I can’t watch this vid at work I’ll leave you guys with this:

You ever farted at the gig and the smell was so foul you hoped nobody walked past and caught a whiff

This comment was originally posted on Nah Right

3. @ gorilla, that’s nothing – i’ve had people walk into the office right afterward and i gotta bum rush the door so that we move the convo to the hallway because if they approach the desk they might pass the fuck out

4. Mag says:

Man, this guy Noe is straight up Jay-Z-Lite.

^

how did that go for Sacario

5. GorillaJoe says:

lmao@escaping the aftermath to salvage your rep

I dig

But the plot thickens, i once had a manager that approached me and asked if everything was alright

6. Ghost Writer says:

Oh Gorilla Zoe…I get it

7. FRANCOIS says:

farting during sex? but you keep going like i cant smell anything until the chicked flipped

8. GorillaJoe says:

Nope not at all fambroski.

9. Ghost Writer says:

I need a late pass for this Alchemist story

10. i once had a manager that approached me and asked if everything was alright

^

lmfao he mighta thought u took a dump in ur pants – LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that’s wicked homie, that’s real wicked – you caused the fear of God in that nicca

“Are you…is everything alright?”

BROOFLE

11. Mag says:

Yo eskay you think cam might have any unreleased bloodshed rhyme?

I’ll I’ve ever heard from dude was cotc tape.

12. dominica says:

i remember 9th wonder said he gave wayne 20 beats for free…
    i never found this story credible… why would wayne pay alchemist $350 for a beat
    when most producers are throwing shit at him for free

13. eskay says:

Yo eskay you think cam might have any unreleased bloodshed rhyme?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

14. b-ease says:

What a weird thing to lie about…

15. Mag says:

Holding in a fart > letting it go only to get caught when the room goes silent… Smh

16. Ghost Writer says:

17. GorillaJoe says:

Muscles and Bubbles Says:

July 2nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm
    i once had a manager that approached me and asked if everything was alright

^

“Are you…is everything alright?”

BROOFLE
    ——————————————————

It was a CHICK THOUGH! lol

——————————————————

Mag Says:

July 2nd, 2009 at 5:49 pm
    ——————————————————

*instant death*

18. b-ease says:

Speaking of Cam, the two songs that leaked earlier this week [and the jada collab] are better than 90 percent of Crime Pays.

19. Ghost Writer says:

Curren$y – Galaxy >

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] explains to Gooch that he was just fucking around and didn’t really gank Weezy for 350K for the “You Ain’t […]

2. […] props: Gooch […]